I have great news! We will be back to holding classes in person as of Monday, June 1. We have been working like crazy to make sure we all have a fun, educational, and safe class at MPK. This week will be spent on training staff and preparing for students getting back to class!
We will be reinstating EVENING MEMBERSHIPS as we will be back to offering a full schedule of classes. If you are enrolled in the MPK Summer Camp, that is your membership. Saturday mornings will be developed to handle stripe testing as well as private lessons. The Restart Schedule will begin on June 1st. If we see class sizes filling up we may need to adjust our schedule accordingly. Saturday morning classes will begin by appointment using the MPK APP.
- We will be doing deep cleaning daily before, during and after classes are held.
- We will offer classes for all ranks.
- The normal capacity for our studio is 100 members. We will be operating at 25%. We will have room for 25 students plus staff. The guidelines allow us to have 25% PLUS staff. For most of our classes this should not be an issue as historically we have had less than that on average per class.
- All classes will be offered 3 times per week on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Classes will be 25 minutes in length to begin with. We will have 10 minute breaks between classes for full wipe downs of mats and surfaces. As we move through the stages class sizes and lengths may go up. VIEW RESTART SCHEDULE
- Parents are welcome to bring students in. We would ask that you wait outside for class however. We know this will be an area to be sensitive to, especially with our Little Kickers.
- Please enter the studio when invited after the previous class has exited. There will be an enter side and an exit side which will be marked for you. While in the studio we ask that you get on the floor as soon as possible and exit as soon as possible due to having to manage the flow of the schedule. If you need to come into the studio to speak with a staff member, please wait to come in until class has started when the traffic through the lobby will be at a minimum.
- Shoes may be worn in class as long as they are clean and appropriate for exercise.
- We will be using every other DOT on the floor to maintain proper spacing. For now we will not be using pads or papers in class unless we have a parent helper night. Please maintain distance during class. NO high fives or hand shaking. Try not to touch your face.
- Please bring your own water bottle as the water fountains will be unavailable.
- Use hand sanitizer on the way in. Wash hands as needed.
- Students are not required to wear face masks. Although, please wear a mask if speaking with staff at the front desk for instance.
Have you or any person you have been in close contact with been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days? (Close contact is defined as six feet or less for more than 10 minutes.)
Have you experienced any cold- or flu-like symptoms in the last 72 hours? Including fever, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing.
As per the recommendations from the CDC please stay home until you have fully resolved the symptoms. 14 days is the guideline.
Our mission at MPK is to provide our members with a high level of training through an excellent curriculum using our incredible staff. All of this will be done with the safety of our members and staff at the forefront of what we do.
Have a great day!