Hi MPK Families, here is a quick list of some upcoming dates and events that may be of interest…
- Karate Camp – Monday, January 15 is a no-school day for Deforest/Windsor. We’re running an all day karate camp if you’re looking for a fun activity for your child. Drop off is 7:30-8:00 and pick up is at 4:00. Kids will need to bring a lunch (peanut-free, please). The cost is $40 per child, and we’ll enroll students on a first come-first served basis. We also have camps on the no-school days on February 5 and April 16 if you’d like to sign up for those ahead of time.
- January 23 is a half day of school – just a reminder that we have no A+ After School programming that day, although evening classes will be held as usual.
- Black Belt Test – we will have a Black Belt Test on Saturday, January 20, so there will be no regular classes other than yoga and Total Fitness that day. Please come down and cheer on our testing students – they’ve put a huge amount of effort in to prepare for this big event!
- February 17 will be our next belt promotion test for students at Gold Stripe through Brown Stripe belts. If you are close to testing, be sure to get your classes and stripes in ahead of time. We will also have no regular karate classes this day, just yoga and Total Fitness.
- If you haven’t checked the lost and found recently, please take a minute to see if anything belongs to you. We’ve had quite a few winter items left behind, including coats and snow pants.