You can mark your calendars for Saturday, June 17, for the next belt test. Our promotion test (for students testing for Gold/Black Stripe belt and up) will begin at 9:30 am on 6/17.
If you or your student is getting close to being ready to test for their next rank, you have about a month to earn all the colored belt tips and get all required classes in. If you have any questions or would like to check on your student’s status, just drop by the front desk and we’ll be happy to help you out!
Please note that there will be no Open Gym, Stripe Testing, or Intro slots that morning, but Total Fitness will be held as usual.
Student’s who are testing for White/Black Stripe, Gold, or Gold/White Stripe belts will continue to schedule individual tests on Saturday mornings.
Just a reminder that our Bo Staff seminar is TONIGHT (Tues. 5/9) from 5:30-6:30pm. There is no sparring for ages 10 and up tonight, however our Little Kickers sparring will run as always.
Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in the studio!
We wrapped up our Bokken rotation in April and are now looking forward to our next weapon rotation covering the Bo (also called Staff). As with our previous weapons, we’ll be offering an introductory seminar, followed by an 8-week rotation, which are both open to students age 8 and up and with a rank of Gold Belt or higher. Here are the details:
- Tuesday, May 9th, 5:30 to 6:30 (NO SPARRING CLASS FOR STUDENTS 10 and UP ON THIS DAY)
- Cost for the seminar and a wooden bo is $67.00. For students who already own a bo, cost for the seminar only is $35.00
- Please register by May 3rd so we have time to order weapons
- Register Here: Bo Seminar with Wooden Bo | Bo Seminar Only
8-Week Bo Rotation:
- Tuesday evenings from 5:30 – 6:10 p.m. beginning May 16th, and ending July 11th (no class on July 4th)
- Cost for the rotation is $60.00
- Register Here: 8-Week Bo Rotation
We have sample Bos at the front desk if you’d like to take a look. For ordering, the length of the Bo should roughly correspond to student height. If you have any questions, we’re happy to help!
There is very limited space remaining for the 2023-2024 After School program. We want to ensure any current members who still plan to register are able to secure their space before we open registration up to our wait list. Please let us know right away if you have not completed your registration paperwork but are still planning to enroll your student(s).
The link to finalize your registration was emailed to those who have submitted their paperwork. If you have not received your emailed link please let us know so we can resend it to you. Your spot in the program is not guaranteed until you complete your registration via the emailed link and pay registration fees.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
SAVE THE DATE! Tues., April 11, is the date for our Early Bird registration for the 2023-2024 A+ After School program. Here are the details:
- When: Tuesday April 11, 2023 — 5:30PM-7:30PM
- Where: MPK A+ After School Room
- Full-time and part-time available
- Space is limited and fills quickly
- Early Bird registration is for current MPK members
Just a quick reminder that MPK will be open this week for ALL regular evening martial arts and fitness classes during spring break — March 27-31.