Posted on November 22, 2017
We have an adjustment to our normal schedule for the Thanksgiving holiday that we want to make sure everyone remembers.
- Little Kicker class from 5-5:30
- Open Gym from 5:30-6:45 for junior and adult students – make a plan and come in to work individually on your cards
- Yoga from 7-8:00
We’ll be closed for the holiday Thursday through Sunday and back to our normal class schedule on Monday, 11/27.
Also, just a quick reminder that our next test for those promoting to Gold Stripe through Brown Stripe is coming soon on Saturday, Dec. 16. If you have, or will have, all your classes and still need to earn stripes, be sure to sign up on the board for a Saturday stripe test time, and consider using the open gym time to practice. You will get a class stamp for open gym if you’re here and working hard for at least 45 minutes.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Jeni Risgaard, Front Desk Coordinator
Posted on November 8, 2017
We have a special schedule for Thursday the November 9. We have scheduled a Karate Camp for tomorrow. If you have not signed up yet and would like your students to participate, please stop in at the front desk to sign up — it’s $40 for the day. All students will need to pack a lunch. MPK will provide a morning and afternoon snack.
Karate Camp Schedule
7:30 – 8:00 am – Open for drop off
3:30 – 4:00 pm – Student pick up
– – – – – – – – – – –
Thursday Night Schedule
5:00 – 5:30 pm – Regular Little Kicker classes
5:30 – 6:45 pm – OPEN GYM
7:00 – 8:00 pm – Total Fitness Training
Open gym is a chance for students to come in and focus on card requirements on their own. We will have Black Belts on the floor to assist and answer questions as they come up. All students ages 8 and up may take advantage of this OPEN GYM time. Typically we will see students for 30 to 45 minutes on days where we have open gym.
Have a great day!
— Mr. Armstrong, Midwest Professional Karate
Posted on November 2, 2017
Here are a few updates to our class schedule and a couple of events to note:
- Yoga classes have started, and there are now three opportunities per week to take this class – Sunday evenings at 4:30pm, Wednesday evenings at 7pm and Saturday mornings at 7am. These are on the same punch card system as our Total Fitness Classes. If you’d like more information, stop at the front desk any time.
- Adult Self Defense class will move to Monday night at 7pm beginning next week, November 6. This is open to any student age 18 and up and focuses on practical use of martial arts skills for self defense techniques.
- Super Sunday Black Belt training will be Sunday Evening, November 19 from 5:30 to 7pm for all Brown and Black Belts.
- Ninja Night is this Friday, November 3rd from 6-9 p.m. We still have a couple of spots open, so sign up quickly if you’re interested. We’ll be playing games, having pizza, and watching the movie, Boss Baby. All kids kindergarten and up are welcome – $20 for the first child and $15 for buddies.
Have a great week!
Posted on October 9, 2017
Here is some information and updates on what’s going on here at MPK.
See you in class!
Jeni Risgaard, Front Desk Coordinator
Posted on September 20, 2017
We have a new rotation for our Leadership Weapons Team beginning on Saturday, September 30. Our weapon this time will be Escrima sticks. We’ll work with both double and single sticks on a variety of drills and techniques to work hand-eye coordination, footwork, and other skills.
Students are eligible to participate if they are 8 years or older and at least Gold Belt rank. We will have the standard wood sticks or a foam option available for our younger or students.
We’re excited about this rotation,as it’s been several years since we last worked with sticks outside of Black Belt training. This weapon is a lot of fun and builds skills that will also help students develop in their regular curriculum.
- Class Times: Tuesdays from 5-5:45pm and Saturdays from 9-9:45am
- Dates: September 30, 2017 through January 13, 2018 (we are extending it beyond three months due to the holidays in November and December)
- Class Cost: $60 for the full rotation
- Weapon Cost: $25 plus tax for a set of two wood sticks with case or $18 plus tax for a set of two foam sticks
A sign up sheet is available at the front desk for the rotation and weapons order. We hope to see a lot of new faces for this fun opportunity!
Posted on September 15, 2017
We recently put out a notice for a Super Sunday Black Belt training session on the 23rd. Our apologies… due to a scheduling conflict, we will not be having class that night.
It’s short notice, but we will be running a Super Sunday class this weekend instead – Sunday, Sept. 17, from 5-6:30 pm for any of you who can make it.