Posted on September 15, 2017
We recently put out a notice for a Super Sunday Black Belt training session on the 23rd. Our apologies… due to a scheduling conflict, we will not be having class that night.
It’s short notice, but we will be running a Super Sunday class this weekend instead – Sunday, Sept. 17, from 5-6:30 pm for any of you who can make it.
Posted on September 13, 2017
Here is a quick update on some dates to keep in mind:
- Super Sunday, September 24 (from 5-6:30 pm) — for Black Belts and Black Belt Candidates of all ages.
- Promotion Test on Saturday, October 21 — for students testing for Gold Stripe through Brown Stripe who have met their class and stripe requirements. If you need to earn some stripes, be sure to sign up for a Saturday morning test slot on the blackboard.
Also, for those of you looking for the forms videos on our website, the videos are back up and running. We have Pal-Gwe 1-6 available.
Thanks, see you soon in class!
Posted on August 18, 2017
This is just a reminder that there will be no regular classes this Saturday, Aug. 19, due to belt promotion testing.
Students who are scheduled to test that day should arrive no later than 9:15am to warm up before the test begins at 9:30, and be sure to wear full uniforms, including tops. The front desk will be staffed if you still need to take care of your test fee or turn in a permission slip that morning. If you’re not testing, we love to have you come and watch to support those on the mat.
Total Fitness class on Saturday will run as normal at 8:00pm.
Brown and Black Belts are welcome to attend a Super Sunday class on Sunday evening, Aug. 27, from 5-6:30pm. This class is open to both juniors and adults who want to get an additional Black Belt training class in.
Have a great weekend, and good luck to our testing students!
– Jeni Risgaard, Front Desk Coordinator
Hope you enjoyed a great Fourth of July! Remember, there are no classes on Wednesday the 5th. But we’re back to normal on Thursday, July 6.
See you then!
Hope your summer is off to a great start. Here are a few things going on at the studio:
- Super Sunday – this Sunday, June 25th, from 5-6:30 p.m., we’ll have Black Belt training for Second Degree Candidates and adult First Degree Candidates. Please email me if you plan to attend.
- 4th of July Parade – the sign up sheet to represent MPK in the July 4th parade is now at the front desk. All students of any rank are welcome to participate, so sign up soon – we’ll begin practicing our short routine next week.
- If you’ve had past weapons training and are interested in being part of one of the weapons groups, we’re looking for students for each weapon (Bo, Nunchucks, Kama, and Bokken). These will be small groups, and students need to have Mr. Armstrong’s permission first, so please see him as soon as possible if you think you might be interested.
- New Adult Class Offered – beginning July 12, we’ll be offering an adults-only class (18 and up) from 7-8 p.m. on Wednesday evenings. Adults of all ranks are welcome to attend. The curriculum will vary somewhat, but the general focus will be on practical application for martial arts and self defense. If this gets good traction, we’ll plan to keep it as part of our regular schedule.
- New Rates and Agreement – we still have some families who have not yet filled out the new agreement form. If you haven’t done this, please make sure to do so before the end of the month.
- Lost and Found – we still have two pairs of kids’ glasses at the front desk that have been here for several weeks. One pair is yellow and black, and the other is green and black.
REMINDER for Wed., June 14:
We are holding Promotions Tests this evening so there will NOT be classes this evening.
5:00 – Little Kicker testing
5:30 – Intermediate Gold, Orange, Green, Jr. and Adult
6:00 – Advanced Jr. and Adult to follow Intermediate tests.
Congratulations to all students and have a great night of testing!