We wanted to share a few reminders about MPK Summer Camp registration as well as an update on our mask policy as the Dane County mask mandate expires on March 1st.
► SUMMER CAMP
On Wednesday, March 2, we begin registration for the 2022 MPK Summer Camp program for campers age 7-11 attending full time (defined as 49-54 camp days).
- Registration is at the studio from 5:30 – 7:30 pm on 3/2.
- The first document attached gives you information on what you need to know for registration day, including the steps that need to be completed to ensure your child has a spot reserved.
- We expect the program to fill quickly, so if you want to guarantee your spot, please plan to attend on Wednesday evening to complete all the necessary steps right away.
- Registration is open only to current MPK families wanting full time camp until March 9, or until all spots are filled. On 3/9, registration will be opened to everyone for all remaining spots, and those wanting to register can do so at the studio from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. All camp spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis for those completing all required steps.
- To help you plan, the second document attached contains information on our field trips, including dates and costs. Please note that there are a couple of trips that we’re still working on to finalize details, so an estimated cost range is included for those. Final costs will be available very soon.
If you have any questions that you need answered before registration, please feel free to email us or talk to our front desk or after school staff — we’re happy to help!
► STUDIO MASK POLICY
With the expiration of the Dane County mask mandate on March 1, 2022, MPK’s policy will change from requiring masks in the studio to giving you the freedom to choose. If you prefer to continue wearing a mask for all or part of your time here, you’re welcome to continue to do so for as long as you wish. If you’d prefer not to wear a mask during class, you can discontinue mask use beginning Tuesday this week or at any point you’re comfortable with it. We completely support your personal choice in this area.
Thank you for your patience and compliance as we’ve navigated the pandemic. We’re really looking forward to seeing your smiles again, and we ask that you continue to help us enforce common sense guidelines to keep our students, families, and staff safe and healthy.
If you or your child aren’t feeling well or are showing symptoms of a cold, flu, or any other illness, please take a few days off to rest and recover before returning to class.
Please continue to wash your hands regularly. We will still have hand sanitizer available at the front desk and in the classroom areas.
Thank you all!
Registration Day Info
Camp Field Trips Info
Posted on February 22, 2022
We hope you’re all staying safe in today’s icy weather! To keep our staff and students safe, we have decided not to hold martial arts or kickboxing class tonight, Tuesday, Feb. 22.
Thank you all so much, and we’ll see you for sparring on Wednesday or regular classses on Thursday!
Posted on February 17, 2022
We are excited to share that MPK Summer Camp 2022 registration will officially open on Wednesday, March 2, from 5:30 – 7:00 pm here at the studio. We will be opening camp to 50 campers. Full-time equals 10 weeks or more of the available 11 weeks of camp.
We offer part-time memberships for families who need less than 10 weeks of camp in 3-, 4-, and 5-day options for the weeks you are attending.
Registration will take place in three phases:
- March 2nd registration opens up to all MPK families needing 10 weeks or more of summer camp (49-54 days)
- March 9th registration opens to the DeForest community for families needing 10 weeks or more of summer camp (49-54 days)
- March 16th registration opens to any family needing part-time (48 days or less)
In order to reserve your spot at camp please attend registration, complete the registration packet and app registration, including deposit. This will ensure you save a spot at summer camp. We have sold out in previous summers and would hate for you to lose your spot.
Posted on January 25, 2022
Just want confirm our evening classes are operating as normal this week. We did make a difficult decision to close our A+ After School Program for the week due to some of our after school staff being out. We appreciate everyone’s support and patience and we plan to have the A+ After School Program reopen on Monday, January 31.
I hope that everyone is staying healthy and warm this week!
— Mr. Armstrong
Posted on December 14, 2021
If you ordered any holiday MPK gear, everything is ready for pick up at the studio, so make sure to stop by. Below are important dates to keep in mind.
Winter Break Schedule:
- December 20-22 — All programs are open.
- December 23 — No after school. Open for evening classes!
- December 24-25 — Closed for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- December 27-28 — Open for evening classes!
- December 29-January 1 — Closed
We will be back to our regular hours again on Monday, January 3. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you all so much, and have a good one!
Posted on November 26, 2021
Remember: Order by Saturday, 11/27. This is a great opportunity to get some cool things for gifts that we don’t normally stock. This special seasonal merch website offers MPK items like:
- other accessories
The website portal will remain open through Saturday, Nov. 27. These unique items make awesome gifts — tons of styles to choose from for kids, adults, men, women…
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Order MPK Holiday Gear