SAVE THE DATE! Tues., April 11, is the date for our Early Bird registration for the 2023-2024 A+ After School program. Here are the details:
- When: Tuesday April 11, 2023 — 5:30PM-7:30PM
- Where: MPK A+ After School Room
- Full-time and part-time available
- Space is limited and fills quickly
- Early Bird registration is for current MPK members
Just a quick reminder that MPK will be open this week for ALL regular evening martial arts and fitness classes during spring break — March 27-31.
Our next belt promotion test date has been scheduled for Saturday, April 15, starting at 9:30 am. There will be no open gym or stripe testing that day. The test will include any student who is ready to test for Gold/Black Stripe belt through Brown belt. Criteria to participate in the test are:
- At least 40 classes at their current belt rank
- All five colored tips on their belt (Hand Techniques, Kicks, Self-Defense, Combinations, Traditional Movement)
- Permission slip signed and turned in (Little Kicker and Junior students)
- Test fee paid, if applicable (if promoting to the next solid color belt only)
If you or your student is getting close on classes and feels confident on the material for earning the stripes they need, there are a couple of options for the stripe test. We’ll try to catch as many students as possible for stripe tests in class over the next few weeks, but you can also sign up for a designated stripe testing time on Saturday mornings in the MyStudio app. If you have any questions or would like to check your number of classes, please stop at the front desk and we’ll be happy to go through it with you.
For those students getting ready to test for White/Black Stripe, Gold, or Gold/White Stripe, we’ll schedule those tests individually as you reach your classes and complete your stripes.
We hope you’re all getting SUPER excited for our Kick-A-Thon, we sure are! Just a quick reminder that it starts at 5:30 pm tonight Wed., March 8, and you should come in your karate uniform. Please keep asking more people to donate, it’s for a great cause… It’s going to be a great night and we are so excited to see you all here!
We are getting very excited for our upcoming Kick-A-Thon on March 8!
Some information about the night:
- There will be NO normal karate classes on Wednesday, 3/8! The Kick- A-Thon is the only event that night.
- It will start at 5:30 p.m. and will be at least an hour.
- If you cannot make it to the event, no worries! We will find another time to break boards during our normal schedule. Just please let us know if you won’t be attending.
If you haven’t picked up or paid for your board, stop in before the 8th. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at the front desk. And…
KEEP ON DONATING!!!
Posted on February 28, 2023
We are so excited that Summer Camp Registration is here! Please note:
- Camp is for kids ages 7-11
- Camp hours will be 7:15am-5:00pm
- Camp runs June 7 to August 18
- $55 a day – no extra costs for field trips or other weekly activities, includes afternoon snack
Click below (right-click to download) for the planned Field Trips and Weekly Activities.
Summer Camp Activities (PDF)
► First round of registration is for those needing 42 days or more of camp. Registration is Tuesday, Feb. 28, 6pm – 8pm.
► Second round of registration is for those needing less than 42 days. A minimum of 3-days-a-week is required for whichever weeks are picked. Registration is Tuesday, Mar. 7, 6pm – 8pm.
Please let us know if you have any other questions regarding camp or registration!