With testing this week, below is a summary of our class schedule for this week. Please note, there are no changes to the A+ After School program, Yoga, or Total Fitness Training, but our evening schedule is as follows:
- Monday, April 15 – Little Kicker class is as usual at 5:00. There will be no other classes that evening, and testing for designated Gold, Orange, Green Belt students will begin at 5:30.
- Tuesday, April 16 – Sparring classes as usual.
- Wednesday, April 17 – No Little Kicker or other evening classes. Testing for Purple, Blue, Red, and Brown Belt students begins at 5:30.
- Thursday, April 18 – all classes return to normal.
- Saturday, April 20 – we are open for classes.
**Students who are testing should arrive between 5 and 5:15 on their test day in full uniform and get warmed up to be ready to start at 5:30.
We have a few exciting events and opportunities coming up — including testing with a few changes to the regular schedule the week of April 15:
▶ THE TESTING DATE for Gold through Brown Belts has changed. Originally scheduled for Saturday, April 20, we have changed up the testing schedule since the 20th falls on Easter weekend. Instead, this is the new testing schedule:
- Gold, Orange, and Green Belts who have met eligibility for testing will test on Monday evening, April 15, beginning at 5:30 pm (Little Kickers, Juniors, and Adults). There will be normal Little Kicker class at 5pm but no other karate classes that evening. There are no changes to the After School or Yoga schedules.
- Purple, Blue, Red, and Brown Belts will test on Wednesday evening, April 17 beginning at 5:30on (Little Kickers, Juniors, and Adults). There will be no Little Kicker or other karate classes Wednesday evening. There are no changes to the After School or Yoga schedules.
FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE TESTING:
- We’ll be here at 5pm, so come early to warm up, and wear your full uniform.
- Little Kickers and Juniors — make sure you have your signed permission slips turned in before test day.
- Test fees can be paid on the MPK app in the Events section.
- Blue Belts and higher need to bring all sparring gear.
▶ NEW WEAPONS SEMINAR and leadership rotation coming up … Escrima Sticks! Working with single and double sticks is fun and will be new to many of our students. Don’t miss this great introduction to the art of Escrima sticks!
Stick Seminar with Guro Josh Prior — Saturday, April 27, for all levels, ages 8 and up. The seminar isn’t required to join the leadership rotation, but it’s a great way to get your feet on the ground with some new skills.
- All beginners and ages 10 and under will be from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. Cost is $25, and this includes two foam sticks.
- Experienced students aged 11 and up will be from 4pm to 5:30 or 6 pm. Cost for the seminar is $30. You will need to bring your own weapons or purchase them. A set of two wood sticks with a case is $25, and there will be a signup at the front desk on Saturday.
- Enrollment will be on the MPK app next week, and we’ll also send you the links.
Leadership rotation for sticks begins on Tuesday, April 30.
- Cost is $60 per student for the entire three month rotation.
- Classes are Tuesday evenings at 5pm and Saturday mornings at 9am.
- Enrollment will be available on the app next week.
▶ MPK SUMMER CAMP enrollment is OPEN! Camp is for students ages 8 and up, and consists of 10 weeks of karate, field trips and other great activities over the summer. Reserve your spot early!
If you have any questions about these events, just catch us at the desk, and we’ll be happy to help you out. Have a great weekend!
Happy Wednesday MPK Families! It is so nice to see the sun and feel the temps starting to rise! Just a quick reminder that registration for MPK Summer Camp is OPEN! Click the button below to register your camper.
We are meeting tonight to firm up plans with staff and set our summer calendar of activities. Don’t forget you can refer a friend and earn $25 for helping spread the word… Have a great day!
Summer Camp Registration
Happy Spring Break! MPK is open tonight (Monday 3/25) as well as the rest of the week for normal evening classes during Spring Break. Yoga is on for tonight & Wednesday 3/27 as well! Enjoy the week and I’ll see you in class…
Posted on February 13, 2019
Have your kiddos join us for a Ninja Night on Saturday, February 23. We’ll have pizza, a movie and some games while parents enjoy a peaceful evening away! For more details or to sign up use the MPK app or click here now.
Posted on February 12, 2019
We’re open for classes this evening (Tuesday, 2/12/19). Open gym test prep and sparring from 5-7pm. Kickboxing at 7pm.